Transcom backs up its products with services at each stage of the business relationship. Our services cover the following areas:
- Inquiries & Briefings
- Systems Requirements & Design
- Installation & Commissioning
- Training & Education
- Customer Support & Emergency Response
- Updates, Upgrades & Re-Development
Our services are accepted as meeting a high industry standard. When our products and services are viewed as a whole, they constitute a total system solution to your business problems in the areas of advanced telematics, asset/fleet management as well as personal and staff security. You can find out more details below.
Have you got some queries about wireless mobile enterprise systems? Transcom welcomes inquiries from interested parties. We offer different levels of briefings with regard to our product suite and packages:
- Phone or Email.
- Brochures delivered via Mail or Website.
Whether you're an interested party, prospective client, established customer or partner we have the right person ready-and-willing to assist you or your organization. Please feel free to contact us. If in doubt, we recommend that you use the communication guidelines in the contacts section of this website. As market feedback is important to us, we welcome any feedback about our company or website.
Transcom's system determination and design capabilities can meet all technical specifications across all business divisions. All design phases are undertaken with utmost performance and reliability in mind. This provides for a product that performs to it's maximum potential within a clearly defined design requirement. Our future-proofing approach, that involves using a scalable technology platform, enables easy adoption of new technology going forward into the future. Over all, Transcom can offer to its client's a significant total business solution for a full end-to-end mobile data and vehicle tracking system integrated into their network of choice.
It is industry-accepted that Transcom's quotations aspire to a standard of high quality and integrity. This part of our commitment to quality assurance across all business units.
Transcom operates its own internal manufacturing QA systems benchmarked to AS9002 Australian Standard and designs its mobile data equipment to exceed the requirements of AS1099.ZZ/AD-198 and International Standard IEC 68-2-38. These standards specify a minimum level of performance required by a product.
Transcom applies a project management methodology based on its own internal quality procurement and project management processes to coordinate and organize installation programs that would be implemented under the guidance of our project team, who would in turn assign Customer Support Engineer(s) with the responsibility for the daily delivery and management of the installation processes.
Transcom is able to offer the following installation options:
- The use of nominated (certified) 3rd party installers who perform installation work for Transcom. These installers are familiar with the installation of Transcom products.
- The Customer to nominate and directly pay for its own installations via its preferred metro or regional service providers. Transcom would provide technical installation training and specification information to aid in this process. (Training outside of metro would incur additional costs on a case-by-case basis).
- Transcom provides onsite installations by its technical staff to Customer vehicles within the metro area. 3rd Party installers to be used for regional or remote installations.
Transcom has developed a strategic base of 3rd party alliances over the last decade with a range of 3rd Party Installers and Fleet Support Service Providers Australia wide. Furthermore, Transom is able to work with any nominated installer (service provider) pro-offered by the Customer and will cooperate, train and provide technical support to those organization(s).
The whole management process is underlined by our internal escalation procedures to ensure that any issue is dealt with and closed in a speedy and effective manner.
Ad hoc Audits
Transcom is happy to perform ad hoc audits of 3rd party installations at the request of its Customers to ensure Quality conformity to installation specification standards. This is an at-cost service to ours, and ensures a continuing QC conformity for both Transcom and its Customers.
Our training and education focus is on base and fleet training capabilities. Transcom’s approach to training is to offer a number of professionally developed training programs to ensure the Customer is fully appraised and comfortable with the functionality and operation of the supplied technology and business technology solutions.
Train the Trainer
Transcom is able to train designated personnel to deliver in-depth training to other end users. This will involve the provision of: Training Demo Hardware linked to the developed software solutions, technical information and System User guides and manuals. Training can be done either at the Customer’s nominated office(s) or in blocks at a central location at the HQ.
As part of this process, Transcom encourages the Customer to nominate an in-house “Mobility Champion” (Trainer) - (usually two people to cover periods of absence). This person(s) shall be a key liaison and contact point for the coordination of mobile data support, advice, and ongoing staff training. This is a very successful approach to ongoing Customer relationship management.
Training Topics covered include:
- Full system overview
- System hardware and software defined (hands on)
- System functionality defined (hands on)
- Fault finding and reporting (a special System Diagnostic Guide will be provided).
- Care and maintenance of the AVL system and vehicle hardware.
Transcom provides booster and re-orientation training for the Management, Operations Personnel and Drivers, who are new to the organization, change roles internally or for whatever reason require a reappraisal of the supplied systems. This additional activity is chargeable.
Transcom provides an official National (Australia) Helpdesk service that covers customer support and emergency response.
Our customer support involves the following:
- Full system support metro, regional and national.
- Management of OEM warranty on behalf of the Customer.
- Transcom manufacturer warranty (fixed or repaired free of charge).
- National Toll Free support line.
- Dial in software support services.
A subset of this support entails:
- Nurse the system to full operation.
- Trial various devices.
- Handle debug issues.
- Local management of subcontractors.
- Address the usual specification adjustments; and
- Provide turnaround support for any faulty equipment.
Under normal circumstances, any requirement for support outside the defined hours of service for all hardware requirements is not available until the start of the next working day. However, for some wireless mobile enterprise packages there is 24/7 emergency response.
Transcom recognizes that organizations and business undergo change over time. That's why we take a cost-effective future-proofing approach to system design by supplying and installing scaleable technologies from our suite of products. As part of our commitment to current and future customer support, we can then offer the following:
- System Upgrades. This covers improved hardware and software updates.
- System Re-Development. Where major changes are required, systems can be re-developed to replace legacy systems or expand capability and capacity.
In both cases, we can draw from our product suite, which is regularly under review and improvement. Indeed, all Transcom Customers will be able to access current and future R&D programs in line with their business solution model.